Are you looking for a fresh new pasta dish to spice up your weekend? Here's a delicious new pasta recipe for your to enjoy this weekend.
BODACIOUS SOUTHWESTERN BLACK BEAN MANICOTTI
8 large whole wheat manicotti, cooked and drained
1 cup reduced fat cheddar cheese, shredded
15 ounces part-skim ricotta cheese
1/2 cup whole kernel sweet corn
4 1/2 ounces chopped green chilies, drained
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 cups black beans, rinsed and drained
15 ounces salsa
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Cook the manicotti according to package directions.
3. In a large bowl, combine cheddar cheese, ricotta cheese, corn, green chilies, chili powder and salt. Mix well. Gently fold in black beans and combine.
4. Spoon the black bean mixture into the cooked manicotti.
5. Place the manicotti in an 11 X 7in baking dish generously coated with cooking spray.
6. Cover and bake for 25 minutes, or until thoroughly heated.
7. Remove from oven. Spoon salsa evenly over the manicotti. Garnish with minced cilantro. Serve.
Yield: Eight servings